We got the sunny days we missed again. We are sure you also want to sunbathe a lot and go for a walk in nice weather. A certain amount of sunbathing is very beneficial for human health. However, it would help if you did not forget to protect yourself while satisfying your longing for the sun. Complications that will adversely affect your health may occur, especially if precautions are not taken against UV rays from the sun.
These UV rays also have negative effects on children. Moreover, children are much more sensitive than adults. It is known that exposure to UV rays during childhood causes eye and skin disorders in the future. For this reason, it is necessary to protect children’s eyes as well as their skin. Of course, the glasses to be preferred for children must have some features.
Things to pay attention for sunglasses
- First of all, sunglasses for children should block at least 99% of UV rays.
- The glasses’ frame should fit the face perfectly and should not put pressure on the nose and ears. In addition, the lightweight of the frame will make it easier to use the glasses. On the other hand, glasses with larger lenses provide more protection. Since the small glasses do not completely cover the eye, they allow the sun’s rays to enter from the edges.
- When choosing glasses, you should consider how active your child is. In addition, the safety of the child needs to choose a glass that does not break easily. Polycarbonate lenses are more durable than other eyeglass lenses.
Read also: What to Consider When Buying Swimsuits
- Although the colors of the glasses are not of serious importance, it is better not to choose glasses that may cause different perceptions of objects such as pink and blue. In addition, you have to make sure that the spectacle lens cuts the brightness sufficiently.
- The frame of the glasses is just as important as the glass. Therefore, materials that do not contain toxic substances like lead and do not break easily should be preferred.
- Having a polarizing filter and protecting against UV rays are not the same as sunglasses. The polarizing filter makes objects clear while reducing glare. Although it is not necessary, it is advantageous to have a polarization filter in children’s sunglasses.
- In addition, to ensure the safety and comfort of your child, you can choose elastic threads that will fix the glasses from the back.
We know how difficult the process of choosing products for children is. It takes time to research each feature one by one.